Thursday

Pineapple epiphany

I was surprised to discover the baby likes fresh pineapple. Although, it has to be said that this pineapple was exceptionally spectacular. It was the first produce I have ever purchased intentionally because "in season." It makes sense, of course, that a fruit would taste better in season and some say it's even better for you. My problem has always been that I have absolutely no idea what's in season when. Do most people just know this?
Well, I finally got smart and copied a list from the internet. As I prepared my shopping list for this week, I looked at the list and added pineapple. It was amazing how good it was and surely this ripe and juicy sweetness is what won the baby over. Had I tried to feed him pineapple in February, he would probably have attacked me with the pointy crown of the fruit. I am now a total seasonal convert.

No comments: