Monday

MISSION STATEMENT

___________________________
#1. I love my baby.
#2. What fresh hell is this?
_________________________________

As I sit here for the first time trying to begin my "baby blog," I find myself repeatedly interrupted by the baby himself. I thought it would be cute to let him sit on my lap as I began my diary that's to be all about him. It was cute up until I detected that special eau de cologne du poopoo in the air and, looking down, saw that a nasty surprise was about to explode out of one of the legs of his diaper. But now, a quick change later, he is draped across my lap like the sleeping angel he's suppose to be. (For more on poop, check out Rub a Dub Doodie !)

There are three main things I'm trying to accomplish with this blog.

1. To keep interested parties up to date on what's new with the newborn.

2. To share some fun stories and observations from this very interesting time.

3. To shoot from the hip, cut through the !*&#%! and lay the cards on the table about the misadventures and misteps of new motherhood. Yes, sometimes I accidentally run my stroller into the bushes and, yes, I thought that the bib someone gave us was actually a fancy vest and would have made my newborn wear it as part of his outfit if my mother hadn't stopped me. Personally, I find it a joy and comfort when other mothers confide that they've done similar. I'm not certain I will have the courage to resist society's pressure to maintain the fiction that all of this is made effortless by the simple power of that "new baby smell," but I vow here today to try!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It will be interesting to follow you through your adventures.