Monday

I bring it on myself, I know.

So, last night I could not get him to stay in bed. I tried sitting in a chair in the room doing the trick of picking him up and putting him back into bed each time he got up, while also trying to resist getting into conversation with him or giving him any kind of "rewarding" attention. He twisted and sobbed on the bed, telling me he was scared and needed me in the bed with him.

I pondered over this today, wondering if my own weakness of wanting him to sleep with me was directly leading to this fear and inability to sleep alone. And perhaps so! But then tonight, out of the blue, he decides he wants to sleep downstairs all by himself as long as I leave a light on and turn on some music for him. He came up here once to ask me to sleep with him downstairs and when I said no, he went on back by himself.

Maybe he just couldn't bare to leave the room that held his new Lego Indiana Jones PS2 game. Buying that today was my brilliant inspiration on the way home from the dentist with a prescription for penicillin and lortab...I had a feeling I wasn't going to want to do much this evening! My plan worked purrrfectly and it's a two player game so I was able to lay on the couch and play with him, which is fun for both of us.

No comments: